Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wildcat Revisited

Judging by the number of hits this outfit received, I thought I would show you how to wear this top another way. I'm taking it from neutral to colorful.

I finally got my JCPenney Worthington green pants. Picked them up the other night with free in-store shipping. Took almost two weeks. I'm really impressed with the fabric and fit. They're actually a little bit big in the back waist, but that's okay. I sit for long periods at work and I always seem to fill out my pants when I sit. And since I have a belly pooch, they have a little extra give to accommodate said pooch. I especially love that I don't have to wait until May to own the green J. Crew Cafe Capri pants I've been lusting after. And I like that I paid $30 instead of $90. The JCPenney pants are supposed to be ankle length but I'm only 5'4" so most ankle pants graze the tops of my feet.

Most everything that I have received from asos.com I have liked, except these shoes. One word: cheap. Okay, two words: cheap, ill-fitting. Is that technically three words? Maybe in an Easter Peep voice, "cheap, cheap, cheap!" Asos clothing runs true-to-size for me and I have been very impressed with the quality. But their shoes are another story. I originally ordered a pair of court pumps in a size 8, but they were swimming on me. Luckily their return process only takes about a week and there's free shipping to and from. Just wish they had better tracking as they've lost two of my packages thus far (they quickly send replacements, though).

So I knew to order down a full size (they don't have half sizes). And although these size 7s fit, they gape at the sides and they are still about a 1/2 size too big. Really glad I didn't pay too much for them. On the other hand, a special shout-out to Chloe from www.thechloeconspiracy.com for turning me on to this Asos collar a couple of months ago. It's such an interesting and versatile neck piece. Thanks, Chloe!

I have to say that I'm also disappointed in my lipstick. It's J. Crew's coveted Poppy King. The same lipstick that sold out a few months back during its debut release. I like the shade but I don't like the texture. And it is so not the vibrant shade you see in the magazines or online. It is a buildable lipstick in that you can wear it sheer or layer it. However, it bleeds and feathers. No matter how many times I lick my teeth, it ends up on them even hours after I've been wearing the lipstick. This might be a good summer lipstick when I have a tan and want a sheer swipe of color. For now, I'll stick to my Nars Heat Wave that stays put on my lips and not on my teeth or cupids bow.


{Blouse: J. Crew Wildcat | Pants: JCPenney Worthington Relax-Fit Ankle. Buy them here (now on sale for $22!). Or buy the J. Crew version here. | Shoes: Asos. Buy them here. | Collar: Asos | Lipstick: J. Crew Poppy King. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are an excellent alternative to the capris. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like! Thanks so much!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. i love the color of your pants and your shoes!


    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. I love the mix between the leopard print and the green colour of your trousers! Great combination!

    www.styliststeph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take all the credit. J. Crew first styled this blouse with their green capris. I just up'd the ante a bit. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is adorable. The leopard with the green pants and the coppery shoes; Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Those pants are really comfortable. Can't say the same about the shoes, but they really different, which is why I like them.

      Delete