Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Snake

What started out as a very sunny and slightly warmer (50 degrees) day, went downhill fast. I'm staring at black clouds and a heavy downpour. Even heard a rare thunderstrike.

I bought this snake print top recently on my trip to NYC at Joe Fresh. As you recall from my first NYC post, I wasn't all that impressed with the store and the selection. I'm going to give it another chance at their newly opened flagship store (opens tomorrow!) when I go in again on Saturday.

I am, however, digging my new hot pink pants from Ann Taylor. I can see all kinds of possibilities with these pants. I'm even thinking of doing a tone-on-tone post but it might bring on heart attacks at work with something this bright.

And thank you to my readers who suggested I get a new bra. Although the girls aren't quite standing at attention, they are perkier. I had to go to three department stores before I found a little old lady at Macy's with a tape measure around her neck willing to measure me. The first thing she said to me, "You need lift." Yes, I know it. Went from wearing my saggy old heavy girl bras (40DDD) down to a fairly normal 36DD. I absolutely hate bra and jeans shopping. But I know that undergarments are essential to tying a look together. I even bought a pair of new underwear to appease my Ms Victoria Secret worshiper sister.


{Jacket: INC at Macys' | Pants: Ann Taylor | Blouse: Joe Fresh | Shoes: Nine West Andriana. Similar color here. | Lipstick: MAC Girl About Town. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Love the combination. I have those same hot pink pants and I'm a little timid styling them. I may follow your lead for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent my sister a pair of royal blue pants (similar to the color in my blouse)and told her to go to Walmart and get the hot pink hanes shirt I'm wearing in an earlier post. She's going to combine it shoes that match the pants and then add in a bright yellow clutch. So you could do a color blocking outfit with a navy blue on top to kind of tone down the brightness of the pants. Just a suggestion. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I kind of like the blouse. Does it have a collar? Hard to tell with your jacket on. And the girls are looking great up there in their new home! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Kathy! Yes, it does have a collar. Look at the NY#2 post a couple days back for a full view of the shirt.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Hi Niki, I found the Gap tank yesterday and a similiar striped tee at Loft...thank you for the links! I also have your royal blue pants on hold to pick up today from the Gap. If I don't do the pink pants, what about this top with the blue ones? http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/womensapparel-tops-blouses-Long_Sleeved_Blouse-lordandtaylor/215207. You see how you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that top. I think Chloe from The Chloe Conspiracy actually recommended it. The pink or the orange would look great with the Gap royal blue pants. Add a touch of neon yellow in the form of a belt.
      Want another option with those pants? And I may try this next week. Take the blue Gap pants, pair it with the wide striped tank you just got and then add this orange jacket: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=1e022f5&DeptID=70656&CatID=71639&SO=0&Ne=5+3+23+1031+8+18+1545&NOffset=2&N=4294953668&Nao=0&PSO=0&bcCat=3&cmAMS_T=XGN3&cmAMS_C=MERCHA&cmAMS_Z=XGN3TOPOFRESULTS&CmCatId=70656|71639
      It's pretty bright but I think it could work. If you want to wait for me to style it, that's cool too. I'm going to combine it with Zara metallic brogues.

      Delete
  4. One more thing...if you'd like a place to have a bite while at Bloomies this weekend...an old favorite of mine is 40 Carrots. It's in Bloomies on the 7th Floor...best frozen yogurt and great salads/sanwiches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I think I'm going to try the tea place, definitely taking home a slice of Junior's cheesecake (I'm still nibbling on the one hubby brought home on Sunday for me), and Bloomies. Other than that, I am not planning a lot on this trip in. I wrote about it in tomorrow's post. I'm really liking my outfit for tomorrow's post. My skirt looks like pineapples. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. The pink pants look amazing on you!

    http://www.lipstickandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete