Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Orange Trend Continues

Or rather, tomato red. But close enough.

Whenever I open up my latest fashion magazines, I keep seeing this Banana Republic ad. It's such a simple and doable look. I found the beaded collar tee at H&M, as well as the jacket ($19.99!).

And can we talk (no, I'm not Joan Rivers) about Gap's crazy sizing? I bought these pants as well as the blue ones here at the same time. I love both pairs but the blue pants fit true to size, whereas these are so not true to size. They fasten with a hook, rather than a button and the hook is a long ways away from where I need it to be. So I had to safety pin them. Hey, gotta do what works, right?


{Shirt: H&M (current) | Jacket: H&M (current) | Pants: Gap. Buy them here. | Shoes: Franco Sarto (Marshalls) | Bag: Coach | Sunglasses: Ray Bay Wayfarers (husband's). Buy them here.}
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, so inspiring! I am so glad I found your blog, I absolutely love it and I am your newest follower!
    Please check out my blog as well when you get a sec and it would mean a world to be if you would be kind enough to follow me back ;-)

    Thank you!
    Anneli xx
    www.quiinest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Anneli! I appreciate your kinds words. I'll take a look at your blog in a bit.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I bought that T at H&M last week and I think it's adorable. The only thing I had a problem with was sizing. The medium felt a little too small in the shoulders but the large feels a little too loose in the body. I bought the large anyway because I wanted to be comfortable. I think I needed something between a medium and a large. Did you find sizing to be a problem with that?

    Anyway, I plan to wear this outfit one day this week as it will be warm here in Philly. So glad to have you give me a preview; I know now it will look great!

    Also, I have similar coloring as you and definitely need to tell my stylist no more lowlights and only platinum highlights from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!Yes, the size runs baggy in a large, which is what I bought. I also have the other black one just like it but the collar is white and plain.
      To get the white blonde highlights, I had to go over existing blonde, which I don't recommend because I had breakage. I also sit under my hooded dryer for 30 mins. I use a bleach packet from Sally's and 30V developer. I try not to overlap on top of other highlights (breakage). I also use a toner after every bleaching because I end up with some orange. I use T-18 White Lady toner for 10 mins to calm down the color and get rid of any orange. I like doing my highlights first, waiting a day, and then do my root color so that it all blends nicely. If you have blue veins (look at your wrist), then white highlights (and white clothing) suit your skin tone better than yellow highlights. If your veins are green, go with the yellow or caramel highlights.

      Delete
    2. I definitely have blue veins. Thanks Niki!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. Maybe I'll do a post on that. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit, those pants are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I think you can still get them at Gap. ;-)
      Niki

      Delete