Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New York City - Part 2

So in the first part, you got to see where I went in NYC this past Saturday. Now I'm going to share with you what I bought.

First up - Zara blazers. I've been eyeing this black and white floral blazer for about two months now. I know floral is in and I'm starting to embrace it. Keep an eye out for my Asos floral skirt I bought that I'm having altered (it's too long). I finally grabbed this blazer in the store, along with this awesome, black structured blazer. I'll call it my Conductor Blazer since it looks like something I should be wearing to lead an orchestra. When I was in line to buy the Conductor blazer, the woman behind me asked if she could feel the fabric and then said, "I thought I was done shopping until I saw your blazer." At which point she dashed up the escalator where I told her she could get it.


{Zara floral blazer. Still available here.}


{Zara blazer. Very similar here. Shorter version here. And those are my husband's guitars showing under the blazer.}

After Zara, I ventured across the street to H&M. I like the H&Ms in New York because they carry items that you can't find in your local H&M at the mall. There's a small section in the front of the store on 42nd Street that has more upscale, sophisticated pieces, such as this black shift dress. Are you picturing it with the floral blazer? I am.


{Dress: H&M. Guitars: Husbands. ;-)}

When I was in the Macy's shoe department, I spotted these cute, white Nine West heels that will be perfect for warmer weather. Other than some Keds tennis shoes (or sneakers as they refer to them up here), I don't own any white heels. Oh wait. I do. I own a pair of Tory Burch slides that I almost wiped out in at Chick-Fil-A before my cousin's wedding in Orlando back in 2009.


{Nine West Seenoevil shoes. Buy them here.}

While on the lower level of Macy's, I spotted these cute bracelets out of the corner of my eye. How adorable are these? They're Marc Jacobs rubber bracelets and they are $28 each. They come in black, hot pink, and blue as well as the ones I bought. I just might have to get the entire set.


{Marc Jacobs Turnlock bracelets. Buy them here.}
Next up - Joe Fresh. Or maybe Joe Stale. It just wasn't all that exciting. I really was hoping for more. Huge store on 34th Street but tiny, tiny circular dressing rooms. Think shower curtain Halloween costume from The Karate Kid movie. Hang a mirror and a hook and we're done. I ended up getting these two shirts. I originally went in for the yellow and thought the blue was cute as well. Really disappointed I didn't find the orange dress I was looking for. Of course there's always the flagship store that is opening on Friday near Zara and H&M.



On to Eataly where I picked up a couple bags of pasta and a loaf of classic Rustica bread. I had the bread tonight with some rigatoni and Three Cheese Pasta sauce from Trader Joe's. It was delicious! What will I do when we move back to Florida and I no longer have my beloved Trader Joe's?


Time for cookies!!! I and another woman in the small cookie store bought the last of these bagged mixes. I throw the mix in my Kitchen Aid blender, add one stick of softened butter and one egg. I bake them for 18 minutes on my Pampered Chef stoneware. So yummy. They taste like a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and an oatmeal cookie.


{Milk & Cookies mixes. Buy them here.}

And lastly, Sabon. I just love the subtle fragrance in their liquid soaps. I've tried the Lemon Basil and Ginger Orange shower oils, but keep coming back to their Rose Tea. It's light and sweet without being overpowering. It's not, however, very moisturizing. But I use their Sweet Summer Butter Cream and their light Tal fragrance. I just love this store.

{Rose Tea Shower Oil. Buy it here.}

So do you think I'm done? Nope. I'm going back into the city this Saturday as well. Husband's class is a 3-day class spread over two weekends. Got any suggestions of where I should go in the city? I try to stay away from the touristy areas like Times Square and Rockefeller. However, I would like to try the Quiche Lorraine from Bouchon Bakery across from where they film the Today Show (It used to be Dean and DeLuca in that location. Not sure what happened). The quiche was featured on an episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."

Hmmm. Maybe I will venture up to the Upper East Side this Saturday. Bloomie's is calling my name.
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Now, this is the kind of shopping I'd be most happy to do myself! Awesome stuff! :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely fun! One thing I did before I went was to print a screen shot in Google Maps and made a reference of every place I wanted to go. I've never done that before. I think I got most of the stuff done on my list because I mapped it all out.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Sounds like fun. It looks like you scored some nice items as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did. Look for my post tomorrow where I'm wearing the 'Conductor' blazer.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Hi Niki, Looks like you had a successful(and must have been exhausting) day! this week if you do head to Bloomies, you may want to stop into Alice's Tea Cup for the most amazing scones and little pots of tea ever! I've attached the link, you will only be a few blocks away. I can't wait to see what you find this week. Renee http://alicesteacup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Renee, how did you know about my love for scones? I make my own at home because I haven't found a place that can make them like Victorian Grace Tea Room in Brandon, FL. I like when they are light and more biscuit like than the dense, hard cakes you usually find at places. I make mine with white chocolate and cinnamon chips.
      http://www.terrycrider.com/blogs/news/3676992-a-day-at-victorian-grace-tea-room
      And I was just searching for wheeled, insulated carts to carry everything because you are right. I was exhausted! I had two large shopping bags filled with glass jars of soap, clothes, food. My fingers were killing me. I have to get something I can carry on my back or wheel around. I might look foolish, but at least I won't feel so weighed down. Thank you for your suggestion and I would love to hear more.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. love those bright and colorful bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic?! I should have popped one on my wrist with my outfit today. Oh well.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Love the "Conductor" blazer-not only the cut but color. Awesome! Sad this one is not available since I know it is something I would wear a lot. Can't wait to see it on! Great job on other items and your planning too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Check out my post today. I'm wearing it. The other blazers I linked to are similar.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. I really like the blouses that you bought. Can't wait to see how you style them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out tomorrow's post! I've got the blue one on.
      Niki

      Delete
  7. Oh wow!!! You got a great haul in NY!! It's hard to beat the shopping there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going back for more this Saturday. :-) I love shopping in NYC.

      Delete