Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mirror Feet

I was kicking myself when I didn't snatch these metallic brogues up at Zara when they were on sale a couple of months ago. So I had to pay a higher price to get them on eBay. But I love them. They are unique, unexpected, and not for the faint of heart. Definitely an acquired taste. Husband turned his head away from the brightness of them this morning saying, "Well, they're not my favorite but I don't know fashion." And when I first got them and tried them on, they felt quite narrow. However, once I laced them up and wore them out of the house, they felt just fine.

So this is what I'm wearing into the city, minus the shiny shoes. I put on some boots and added a rain coat today. I also tried my free Zoya nailpolish in Mitzi and I have to say it's the most hidious puke/gang green color I've ever seen. I'm so not impressed with Zoya nailpolishes. They go on very matte and look gummy. You have to put a topcoat on to get any shine.



{Jacket: INC at Macy's | Lace Tee: J. Crew. Buy it here. | Jeans: Old Navy | Shoes: Zara | Necklace: J. Crew | Lipstick: Nars Dragon Girl. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. gorgeous combination love the pants so perfect for spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my $8.99 Old Navy clearance jeans!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Very funky outfit, love it ;-)

    Anneli x
    www.quiinest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, I really like it, these pics are so nice!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in love with your shoes <3

    Love Meroda
    http://berlin-fashion-fou.blogspot.de/

    P.S great blog
    +1 new Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic?!!! I love them, too.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. LOVE the red!! i wear my red pants all the time and they always show up on the blog. thanks for stopping by my place! and yes...I have seen "brooklyn blonde" with the same jacket. she has wonderful style and its fun to get inspiration on how to wear some of my favorite pieces!

    keep in touch! xo, nikki

    http://carry-on-couture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wear my colored jeans more than my blue jeans. Blue jeans just seem so plain to me now.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. i like so much the way you do your job here simple and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clara. Sometimes simple can be just as effective as layering a lot of clothing or accessories. Glad you like the combo.
      Niki

      Delete
  7. Love the lace top.

    www.living-thesuite-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I was originally going to take it back to J Crew but thought it might become a nice go-to top as it's simple but goes with everything. Hope it doesn't fade when I launder it.
      Niki

      Delete
  8. Absolutely love your outfit! It is unique and I love how you combined all different things together. The black lace top, red pants, and metallic cold shoes! So fabulous! xoxo

    http://diaryofafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Lots of textures going on but it all works.
      Niki

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh! Those are such fun shoes!! :)

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you appreciate them. I was getting "Michael Jackson's Bad Video" and "Thriller" and "Ziggy Stardust" comments from my unfashionable co-workers.
      Niki

      Delete