Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Marni Collar

I originally wanted to pair this Marni for H&M collar with a faux black leather shift dress I purchased from Macy's a couple of years ago. Was going to add some pink pumps and a camel blazer. However, the dress is still a bit too snug around my hips. It's a 14P and I'm just a plain 'ol 14 in dresses right now. So give me a few months and I'll try to recreate it.

I've been wanting to wear this Zara ponte shirt since I got it in December but it's been too cold. We're having some record high weather this week (unfortunately it's supposed to go back to the 50s next week), so I'm taking advantage of short sleeves.

Oh, let me talk about the shoes. So originally I ordered these Aldo shoes online. I ordered a size 8 and when they came, they were extremely painful just to try on. So back they went. I exchanged them for these! Yeah, I'm a sucker for pink heels. Thinking of getting the turquoise ones when they go on sale.  A couple of weekends ago, I was in Macy's and tried on a few pairs of black pumps. To my surprise these Bandolinos were very comfortable. But the only size Macy's had was an 8 and they run big. So I found them on Piperlime in a 7.5. I believe the heel height is 3.5" but they are extremely comfortable to walk in.

In the 90s, I owned a couple of Dooney & Bourke handbags. I've always wanted to go to the annual tent sale in Norwalk, CT in December as Connecticut is home to Dooney & Bourke. But I never remember. Okay, writing it down in my calendar right now. As of lately, I only really like their stiff leather satchels. I found this one at my local consignment store. I believe I only paid about $30 for it a couple of months ago. It was brand new, never used.


{Blouse: Zara | Pants: J. Crew Cafe Capri. Buy them on sale here. | Collar: Marni for H&M | Bag: Dooney & Bourke | Bracelet: Banana Republic Outlet | Watch: Gucci (old) | Shoes: Bandolino. Buy them here. | Lipstick: Cover Girl 805 Hot Passion. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Love that purse! Also, I really like Bandolino shoes. I've always found them to be very comfortable with very little breaking-in time required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very roomy but it is a cute bag. I was really surprised with how comfortable the shoes are, unlike the pink Aldo ones I talked about. Not so comfortable. Won't be buying the turquoise ones after all.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I love the green. It suits us, blondes :)
    EAK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love hunter green. I think it works great for brunettes as well. One of my favorite clothing items in high school was a hunter green bolero.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. This blog is so lovely and you are stunning. I absolutely love your work and I think the world of your blog! Keep it up girl. You have a follower in me!

    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Morgan. What a thoughtful thing to say. I really appreciate it!!!
      Niki

      Delete