Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Bday, Woo!

Today is our Chihuahua's 10th birthday. I got her in Sarasota when she was small enough to sleep horizontally on my chest and spunky enough to bite the heels of my Gucci shoes. She was a bit of a pill in the beginning, but over the years has mellowed into a sweet tempered companion.

Now that the weather is warmer, she is loving the sun once again. She likes to stretch out on the blue stone slabs my husband put down a couple of years ago to serve as our designated grill area. I love when she's happy and content. Happy 10th, little one.




So last week I wrote about my lovely Anthropologie waistcoat that I bought a few years ago and just keep reviving. Same thing with this Banana Republic waistcoat. It's just so unique and rather 'Mad Men'esque. I thought in honor of Mad Men coming back on (I really do need to start watching it), I would wear it today. I'm getting braver with the pattern mixing as well. Figured if the stripes worked for the Anthropologie waistcoat, it might work with this one as well.



{Jacket: Banana Republic (old) | Striped Blouse: J. Crew | Skirt: Land's End Canvas. Buy it here. | Shoes: Nine West. Buy other colors here. | Watch: Guess | Lipstick: Nars Heat Wave. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just adore Miss Woozie and my nephew.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I celebrate the good ideas i find here every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome comment. Thank you!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Woo has such a sweet face...Special Special Day! Nice pics of you both & your nephew. It's good to be brave, wonderful job pulling together this outfit. Like both your BR and Anthro coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Woozie is very sweet and I miss my nephew in FL. Thank goodness for Facetime and our 4 month rule of always seeing my family.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your cute pup!!! And what a beautiful coat - it's perfect for Spring!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The jacket is probably 10 years old but I just love it.
      Niki

      Delete