Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Come Back to Me

My all time favorite movie is Somewhere In Time with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve. I love the storyline, soundtrack, and beautiful Grand Hotel setting in Michigan. I originally referred to this Zara blazer, that I just got in NYC, as the 'Conductor,' but the more I think about it, it reminds me of what would have been worn at the turn of the century (by men of course). I love the hi-low aspect of this blazer, as well as the asymmetrical sleeves. I don't love that it itches a bit as I suspect there's some wool in the mix.
It was a good choice for my outfit this morning as Old Man Winter has reared its ugly head once again. Temperatures have plummeted back into the 20s and 30s at night, barely making it into the high 40s during the day. And the pictures below were taken while fighting some fierce winds. So in honor of our lost Spring weather, I quote a line from my favorite movie, "Come back to me."


{Blazer: Zara. Very similar here. Shorter version here. | Tee: J. Crew Factory. Buy it here. | Pants: JC Penney Worthington. Buy them here for $22. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: Nars Schiap. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Great to see this. Like the color combination esp. with your signature shoes. Smart fresh look too for this weather we're having. I'm all confused on what to wear recently. Smiled at your "Somewhere in Time" reference. My husband & I love that movie & he references that quote too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love those shoes. I could wear them in almost every post, I think. And they are comfy as well. Well, as comfortable as pointed toe pumps go. I just love that blazer!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. First of all, I LOVE that blazer!! Zara has the most amazing silhouettes!!

    And secondly, I LOVE that movie!!! I remember it was one of the most romantic movies, and I was a HUGE fan of Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeves!! Thanks for the fun memory!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their blazers are about the only thing that works for me. But they work really well!! And they are fairly inexpensive for what you get.
      Yeah, I just love that movie. Ending was so sad. And I just read that William H Macy was in it and I don't remember him being in that movie. I love him in Shameless, though.

      Delete
  3. What a cool blazer, I love the nod to the tuxedo! It's styled perfectly with the stripes/green and pink accent colors. Such a fun outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the color combo and how it came together.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Loving this post! Killer pants

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfortable! Nice amount of stretch, sit nicely on the hips, and launder well. I highly recommend them over the J. Crew Capris I was going to get. And for $22, they are a steal. I'm thinking I might get the orange ones as well.

      Delete
  5. Love this Niki! I must order those shoes! How is the fit on the pants...I can stop at JCPenney on the way home ;) I've been looking everywhere for just the right white with black striped tee...any other suggestions? JC only has XL left. Your blog is now the highlight of my workday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment!
      That's what I'm wearing - an XL in the J. Crew tee.
      Here's a tank option that I recently bought from Gap:
      http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17081&vid=1&pid=136987
      And another boatneck option:
      http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=877877
      And a short sleeve navy and white stripe option:
      http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17082&vid=1&pid=138406
      The pants are sold out online. You may be able to find them in the store, though. I was going to go for the orange pair since I think my orange skirt is a bit too short.

      Delete
  6. colored pants are my OBSESSION this season! just did a yellow pants post on my blog. come check in your!! you're beautiful.

    xo, nikki

    http://carry-on-couture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki. Beautiful pics on your site! And Chicago. My favorite city.
      Niki

      Delete