Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Boardwalk Empire

Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong decade. I absolutely love the 20s through the 50s. I love the clothes, how simple life seemed, the hairstyles, and the music.

When I saw an ad for Armani Exchange's spring line, I zeroed in on their boater/skimmer hat. I can't find it online yet and I'm sure it's probably a gazillion dollars. Luckily, I came across this version at Urban Outfitters on a lovely spring day in New Haven, CT.

Hubby and I recently switched from Comcast to AT&T U-verse and had to turn in our equipment in New Haven. Comcast is located just around the corner from New Haven's famous Wooster Street with rivalries Sally's and Pepe's pizzerias. We originally were headed to Modern Apizza, but hubby wanted to try Pepe's infamous Clam pizza. Little did he know that it was loaded with garlic that he's still paying for it. I had a small sausage and pepperoni with mozzarella. Mozzarella isn't a given. You have to order it. Otherwise it's just sauce and toppings. We both came to the conclusion that we still like Modern's pizzas better.

After pizza, we headed to Broadway Street where the Yale Barnes and Noble, J. Crew, and Urban Outfitters is located. After getting my hat and meeting hubby back at the book store, I spotted a lovely courtyard in which the following pictures were taken. I promised you I would venture out once the weather was nice. Next weekend I hope to get some shots while in Manhattan.


{Shirt: Lucky Brand | Jeans: Gap | Jacket: INC | Vest: Gap | Sunglasses: Mosley Tribes Raynes. Buy them here in blue. | Hat: Urban Outfitters. Buy it here. | Shoes: Keds | Bag: Paul's Boutique. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. 20-s is my favorite era too! Can we find a time machine?
    Lovely look and nice photography, darling!

    xx
    CrashingRED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I pick the sites, hubby snaps the pics of me. I have a remote but it's a lot of work and takes more time.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. lovin the fedora! and all of this food is making me hungry :-)

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the hat great?! It was a good find. The food wasn't as good as it looks. The crust was bland and tasted burned. The sausage was good, though.

      Delete
  3. Love your hat! So great! I recently did a post on hats-I have a similar one on!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hat is terrific as is the look. Thanks much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete