Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Wildcat

Sometimes I pick up an article of clothing, look at it, and have big girl doubts of fitting into it. Just because you take weight off doesn't mean you don't sometimes feel that you are still the bigger size. My weight has fluctuated all throughout my adult life. I was at my heaviest for the last few years. So when I ordered this J. Crew Wildcat blouse in a size 12 (14 wasn't available) from their Ask Erica email service, I let it hang in my closet for a month before trying it on. Of course it fit, but my prior size crept into my subconscious and made me doubt myself. I still do that with skirts. Or these J. Crew capris. I took a chance ordering them online and I'm so glad I did. I haven't had a pair of J. Crew pants that fit in about 4 years.

There are times when I have dreams that my 30lb weight loss didn't happen. That I'll wake up and be right back to wearing an 18W! That I will be limited in where I can shop and what I can wear. Having this blog and posting outfit pictures has been incredibly helpful in showing me that I have other options now when it comes to the clothing I wear.


{Blouse: J. Crew Wildcat. Similar here. Or the dress here. | Blazer: Thrifted from Savers | Capris: J. Crew. Buy them here. | Shoes: Kensie Girl | Necklace: Ebay. Buy it here. | Lipstick: Covergirl Hot Passion. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Niki!! I love your wildcat print blouse!! And those coral pants are perfect with them!

    xo, sam

    P.S. Thanks for joining the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I follow your blog all the time. Love your style!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Full of style. Love it.

    http://paquetevsitasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete