Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wanna Go-Go?

I work in a small office where fashion takes a back seat to programming and testing. Actually it's not even on the radar in my office. So when I showed up this morning in the outfit pictured below, I got some flak about my vest. Sometimes when you leave for work in the mornings and you feel good and think you look good, others have different views. But I love this outfit for the following reasons:
  • The dress is from Loft and I bought it a few years ago. It's a size 12!
  • I got these Tahari boots from Macy's in 2008 and I haven't been able to wear them as they have been too tight around my calves. Although I could zip them in the past (barely), I couldn't bring myself to wear them with calf spillage. Now they zip right up!
  • I adore faux fur gilets and waistcoasts. I got this Rachel Roy version on sale earlier this month plus an extra 30% off. It's still available here. I'm still on the hunt for the burgundy Zara gilet. I check ebay every day.
Let's talk about accessories for a moment. I've never been a fan of a lot of accessories. While I love the "arm candy" often worn by other fashion bloggers, it's just not for me. I like to keep my jewelry interesting but err on the side of minimalism.

Plus as a technical writer, I sometimes remove my watch while writing online help. I can't imagine typing with heavy bangles all day long. And since I wear my hair down most of the time, I own very few pairs of earrings. I also can't wear earrings for too long as they irritate my ears.

So will this vest make another appearance at work after the teasing? I'm not sure. But I'm not going to compromise my style as I have been getting positive feedback from family and my blog followers.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. i love this vest! amazzzin :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it, too.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog from Wardrobe Oxygen comments and I love it! You've got great style and I enjoyed going back through your archives. I am over 40 and recently rediscovered fashion and am always looking for inspiraton. Your blog is definitely one of my new "must reads."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy. I appreciate your kind words. I try to post every day, so keep coming back.

      Delete
  3. it´s fantastic the way you express yourself here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit on you! I recently found your blog via J's Everyday :) I like seeing how you translate some of the younger styles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! So glad you found me. I appreciate your kind words.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack...they just didn't get it. And probably felt lackluster when you showed up in your awesome outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate that!

      Delete