Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wake Me Up...

...before you go go. That's right. I went all Wham on you! It's time for some 80s neon! Flip open any fashion rag and you'll see bright lime and yellow making its comeback. I plan to use neon colors sparingly as husband was a bit worried I might dive off the deep end and jack up my hair as well.

Color inspiration can strike anywhere, at any time. While doing my highlights over Superbowl weekend, I was reading the Spring issue of Lucky magazine and saw this black and purple combination. I already had all but one of the components to duplicate my interpretation of the outfit. I just needed the neon bag. I found mine online at Old Navy and got it for around $10. Originally I was going to pair the purple shirt with my black pleather skirt. Unfortunately, the skirt only lasted one wear. Actually it didn't even last the full day. It ripped open in the back and couldn't be fixed. I'm talking a long, horrible gash in the back. So sad. Good thing I only paid $6 for it. Now I'm on the lookout for another pleather or leather black skirt. Although I wouldn't mind this little purple number by Tommy Hilfiger. Too bad it's $700!



{Blouse: J. Crew |  Skirt: New York & Co. | Shoes: Marc Fisher - Macy's | Bag: Old Navy. Buy it here. | Sunglasses: Mosley Tribes Raynes. Buy them here in Silver/Blue. | Nail Polish: China Glaze in Pool Party and Re-fresh Mint | Lipstick: Nars Schiap. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. You look great I really like your blouse & shoes! you have a really cool style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thanks so much! I appreciate that! Come back Friday as I am rocking the jewel tones (royal blue). :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh girl!!! I'm loving that 80s revival!! You look amazing in that bright purple and neon!! And LOVE those heels!!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete