Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Nosh

I'm a girl. I don't like football. And I often wonder about the women who cheer right along with their men on game day. Do they really like football or is it just about hanging with your man and drinking beer? Would women sit and watch a game at home, in a bar, or at a stadium if they were by themselves? Maybe they like the benefits of football - tailgating, grilled man food, hootin' and hollerin', and gathering with friends. I can see that. I get that.


There are really only two things I like about Superbowl Sunday - the food and the commercials. Back home I would be noshing on something grilled, but up north, it's just too cold to grill. So out comes the slow cooker and dutch oven where I made chili (recipe here), little smokies, and cheese dip. I got this double slow cooker from Macy's last year right after Christmas. I think I paid about $30 for it. It's perfect for little appetizer foods, but not big enough for full meals.








Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment