Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sunny Side Up

Little did I know that this J. Crew boat neck top I had hanging in my cramped little closet had the little paillettes I was lusting after on Thursday's post. While they aren't white leather, they are sparkly and I love anything with sparkles or sequins! What girl doesn't?

I finally got some colored pants into my wardrobe. These cotton chinos are from Loft and I bought them online. The fit is a bit weird as they are slim in the thigh area but loose in the waist. They have some stretch but after sitting in them all day at work, let's just say they aren't the most comfortable pair of chinos I own. The Gap broken in straight khakis I have in royal blue are much more comfortable, as are my new hot pink jeans that I bought online from Delia's for $15!

I think I've mentioned it before but I am a makeup artist. I use the term loosely because I am not a practicing makeup artist (except on myself). The last time I did makeup on others was to help out a friend almost a year ago for a wedding. With that being said, I love makeup. I own A LOT of makeup. And I attend IMATS in New York each spring. You don't have to be a makeup artist to get in. What's great about IMATS is the chance to break away from the larger beauty lines and try some of the smaller, lesser known (and sometimes better) cosmetic companies. One line that I love is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC). I think their loose pigments are far superior to MAC's. And their Lip Tars are amazing.  I'm wearing Pretty Boy today. A couple of things about their Lip Tars - use sparingly and use a lip brush. You really don't need much. Also with the brighter colors, you don't want to apply them with your fingertips. The Lip Tars I own (I have Queen as well) stain the fingers.

I think the warmer weather we've had the last few days is making me yearn for spring. Can't wait til the flowers start blooming in early April. I'm hoping dressing in bright colors this past week will help usher spring in a bit earlier this year. Typically it stops snowing in Connecticut around the first week of March. And we've been incredibly lucky this year that we've only had two mild snow storms this winter.



{Top: J. Crew | Pants: Loft. Buy them here. | Necklace: J. Crew | Cuffs: Asos. Buy them here. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana. Available in other colors here. | Bag: Coach Outlet Store | Lipstick: OCC Pretty Boy. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this look! The stripes, the yellow, and the fun pink lips! Thanks for the info on IMATS! That's so cool and interesting! Maybe, my cousin and her bf can go together since they are on the east coast!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's right. I remember reading a couple of your posts about coming up to NY to visit family. If they go, tell them to get there early and bring cash. It was packed last year and the credit card machines crashed.

      Delete