Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Free Nail Polish

I usually buy things on sale. I started couponing last year and typically save 25-50% on groceries. I cut coupons most weekends and follow coupon bloggers to find deals and score freebies.  I even created custom coupon inserts and partnered up with a friend of mine to try and sell them. However, we couldn't get our product cost low enough to compete with the most often used inserts for baseball trading cards. Nonetheless, I still learned how to save money on every day items, which allows a little extra for clothing shopping.

One of the coupon blogs I follow mentioned a deal for two free Zoya nail polishes. I just had to pay shipping. Seeing as how Zoya goes for $8/bottle at Ulta, just like OPI, I knew the $6.99 shipping fee was like getting one nail polish for free. As I was browsing the zoya.com site, I knew I wanted to get something different from the usual shades of red and pink I tend to buy. So out of my comfort zone I went and ordered a matte polish in the color Mitzi, as well as a color called Cynthia from the Smoke and Mirrors collection.

When the colors arrived, I tried each one on a fingernail. I have to say, I wasn't that impressed. The matte was gummy and unattractive. And the Cynthia was just dull. What I was hoping with the Cynthia was that it would be a similar color and finish to Illamasqua's Viridian that I tried on in Sephora in New York. Unfortunately, it was out of stock. Zoya's polish really couldn't compare to Illamasqua's and will probably just sit in my bathroom pantry or go up as a swap item on Makeup Alley. Zoya was nice enough to include a cute color palette painted on fake fingernails so that I could see their other choices.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment