Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Laser Cut Tomato

Here's today's outfit with the new Canon Rebel T3i DSLR camera. I know I have a lot of reading to do on taking portrait pics and obtaining the correct balance of light (and learning how to pose for sure!), but I didn't want to take anymore outfit pics with the iPhone. I'm only going to learn as I keep taking pics with the new camera, so might as well jump in feet first. The camera is set on a 10-second self-timer and I have a small, wireless remote that I'm using. For these pics, no flash was used. The image stabilization is turned off and I set the focus to automatic (AF). I set the Mode Dial to Aperture Priority (AV). I also used the lens that came in the kit (18-55mm) as I found the 50mm f/1.8 lens didn't provide zoom capability. I have a small room upstairs where I take photos and need the ability to zoom out in order to get my entire outfit in the frame.

I know most fashion bloggers don't provide technical details of camera settings for their shoots. However, I think this information can be useful and why not share what I learn along the way?


{Blouse: J. Crew. Buy it here. | Skirt: Asos. Buy it here. | Necklace: J. Crew | Shoes: Steve Madden. Buy them here. | Watch: Guess | Lipstick: Nars Dragon Girl. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that skirt is amazing! And I look forward to seeing how you do with the camera - DSLRs terrify me but I do know that the key to a good-looking blog are good pictures. You may inspire me to venture past my husband shooting my pics in 30 seconds each morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Allie! The camera is intimidating but you are right, if I want nice pics and to do this blog right, I had to dive into the dslr world. It's paying off. The pics are so much better than my iPhone and my makeshift tripod. :-) Being able to take pics outside is challenging so some are just going to have to either wait til the weekend or be taken inside until the time changes. just wanted to let you know that you have been on my blog roll. So thank you for inspiring my outfits!

    ReplyDelete