Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

What Shall I Wear Today?

Over the weekend I found a nifty iPhone app called Closet. You basically takes pictures of all your clothes, shoes, and accessories and then you can visually pair up daily outfits. Or you can let the app randomly select tops, bottoms, and footwear for you!

I spent Sunday afternoon taking pictures of all my blouses, tshirts, necklaces, jeans, etc. I labeled and categorized each piece within the application. I created new categories for things like 'Dresses' and 'Jackets.' Overall the application functions fine and some of the random pics (not all) are things I never would have thought of. However, it is being reworked from the ground up based on 2 years worth of user feedback. For instance, the application currently doesn't support subcategories, like having tshirts and jackets as part of the parent "Tops" category. Or differentiating between accessories of jewelry and belts.

The application isn't free. It's $3, which is a small price to pay to be able to look at my entire wardrobe on my iPhone and plan the next day's outfit or an outfit for a special occasion. I plan to use it while shopping for new pieces as well.

Yep - these are my actual clothes, shoes, and accessories.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Neat! I am going to check that app out! Will let you know how it works for me! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete