Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Velvet Lip

I wear red lipstick every day. It's my thing. I love the retro, pinup look of the 30s, 40s, and 50s. I wear different shades depending on the week, my mood, or season. This fall's runway lip was very dark red, which I love. I also love professional makeup artist Andrew Gallimore's velvet lip, which I've created my own version below. A velvet lip is a matte lip with darker contouring in the outer corners. I used three products:

NYX 817 Hot Red lip pencil, MAC Burgundy lip pencil, Besame Cherry Red lipstick

Start by lining and filling in your lips with NYX Hot Red lip pencil.

Add MAC Burgundy lip pencil to outer corners only. Using a lip brush, apply Besame Cherry Red to the inner portion of your lips. Where the Burgundy and Cherry Red meet, blend slightly.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment