Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Scottie

I'm a sucker for all things plaid, has skulls, and is shiny/metallic/sequined. On Thanksgiving evening, I made my usual trek to the Outlet mall in Clinton, CT for some get-in-the-Christmas-spirit shopping, fight-the-crowds-at-mid-night shopping, shopping. My first stop is always the J. Crew outlet store where I picked up an adorable Scottie tee. How cute is this?!
I've been trying to come up with solutions for the lower half to make this tee an even more adorable outfit. I wanted to pair it with a plaid skirt. But too much plaid and I'll need bagpipes and a Craig Ferguson accent. I scoured ebay to no avail. Lots of women looking to sell their long, wool family crest-wear.

I ended up ordering this skirt from bluefly.com in a Large. But when I got it, both the husband and I agreed it wouldn't make it past my ankles. Bluefly - take note. Please include waist and hip measurements for us curvy gals.

I then saw this gorgeous Alexander McQueen skirt while searching the net. But at $540, and way too short for an almost 40 year old (14" barely covers my junk), I knew I needed to continue my search.


{Tartan Alexander McQueen}

While not as adorable as the McQueen, this Anne Klein skirt was the right length, the right color combination, and a heck of lot less expensive. I plan to pair the shirt and skirt with some black sweater tights and my Chie Mihara ruffle shoes.

$89.99 with an extra 5" to cover my assets.}
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment