Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Checkmate!

I love blue gingham. Picnic table? Noooo. Well, maybe in red. But in blue, it's such a cute and simple pattern. I would have loved to have owned this Alexander McQueen gingham dress when it came out in 2008. Sigh...



In the summer, it's easy to just throw on some sandals, a few accessories, and be out the door. But how do you pair this typically lightweight, summertime frock with winter garb? I had a tough time last night finding the right combo. If I put an orange sweater with it, I'll look like I'm ready for a UF gator game. Skinny jeans or leggings work fine, but then what about the shoes? My flat, white Keds would be more appropriate for the summer and didn't quite look right with the leggings (too choppy). So I opted to keep the lean illusion going with black oxford heels.

To roughen up the look a bit, I paired it with my new motorcycle jacket from Urban Outfitters that I got for $20!

The final result...





{Dress: Land's End. Similar one here. | Jacket: Urban Outfitters. | Necklace: J. Crew. Similar one here. | Shoes: Liz Claiborne oxfords. Buy them here. | Leggings: Old Navy}  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment